@mlavende: I assume you want to replace the 100 Mbit/s Vero 4k LAN interface with the USB-Giga Ethernet adapter, right?
I do not know whether this adapter will be recognized by the Vero 4k at all but also let’s assume this is the case:
- Shutdown the Vero 4k until the red light
- unplug the power cable
- insert the usb-adapter into one of the Vero 4k USB ports or powered USB hub
- Switch the LAN-cable from the Vero’s LAN port to the USB-Ethernet adapter … the LAN port of the Vero is now empty!
- Power on the Vero this could take a while
- Go to MY OSMC -> Network > Wired
- in case the adapter was disabled -> enabled it
- in the status line of the menu you should see something like usbnet0 … if you see eth0 something is wrong, most possible the adapter was not recognized at all
- if you see usbnet0 or so, you can now enter manually your fix IP address data … and finally try a reboot
If that should not solve your issue, please, open a new thread since this thread cares about recommended Gigabit usb adapters and not troubleshooting an Anker USB-Ethernet plug.