Can I transfer settings from my 4K Vero to my new 4K+?

I’m really happy with my 4K Vero but I’ve just been given a brand new 4K+ for my birthday! Wow :yum:

Can I transfer my settings to the new Vero? Or will I need to set up the new one differently?

1 Like

Yes, you can transfer your settings between the two

Sorry, I didn’t see your reply, fzinken. Is there a tutorial on how to do it?
Thanks,
Cleo :woman_red_haired:

You can use the Backup function under MyOSMC to backup under the old and restore on the new one.

But be careful currently the Backup function is not working so you might want to wait with the backup till the next update.

Alternately you if you are comfortable with SSH you could just transfer the /home/osmc/.kodi/ folder.

There is a Kodi add-on in the system category called “Backup” that provides the same function.

just a quick ask related to this, will this also copy over the watched data?

Kodi stores the watched status in the database and it is linked to an absolute file path. If you backup and restore such that you are copying the databases and sources and on the new box the file paths are the same, or alternatively tweaked with path substitution, your watched status will be preserved.

Other options for preserving watched status would include using an add-on such as Trakt to store this information outside of Kodi, or exporting Kodi’s library to individual files which will save the metadata including watched status in files sitting next to your media. In this way if you scrape in the media anew on the same box or another the watched status can be imported from those saved locations.

thanks, that’s really good to know, i’ll look into Trakt then as this might be a better solution. Appreciate the help.

1 Like