Can not Start Without My HardDrive

Hi,

I have a small problem when starting OSMC. If my hard drive is not connected to my RPI, kodi does not start “A start job is running for dev-disk-by”

My fstab file

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0
0 UUID=5EFUFAE7FELAB0FF /mnt/data ntfs defaults,relatime 0 0,noauto
# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)#/dev/mmcblk0p2  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0

Thx !

Why do you mount it via fstab and don’t use the fabulous automount of OSMC which would avoid your problem?
Just ensure your drive has a proper label then it is automounted under /media/

That fstab doesn’t look right. Maybe it’s just formatted badly but what about this line?

UUID=5EFUFAE7FELAB0FF /mnt/data ntfs defaults,relatime 0 0,noauto

The noauto option shouldn’t appear after the 0 0 and, when correctly placed, has the effect of not mounting the disk at boot time.

1 Like

fzinken: I always use this command, has it changed now ?
It is mounted on /mnt/

dillthedog: I have always entered this line otherwise my hard drive does not appear. It is this command that allowed me to start OSMC without my hardrive connected.
Again, has it changed now ?

Well nothing has changed, but you don’t need to do what you do! Just remove the line from fstab an you will find your harddisk autmounted under /media. This is a much better option especially for disk that is not always connected

If you want to achieve something similar with fstab (but WHY?) then use x-systemd.automount option

The format of the line is incorrect. You cannot have ,noauto after 0 0. It needs to be part of the other options. The correct line would therefore be:

UUID=5EFUFAE7FELAB0FF /mnt/data ntfs defaults,relatime,noauto 0 0

though that would mean that the disk is not mounted at boot time, which is probably not what you want.

If Kodi is failing to start, either fix the line or, better still, take @fzinken’s advice and leave OSMC to automount the disk.

Hi,

You’re right, I deleted the line and now everything is ok

Before it was not like that, I could not detect my HD.

:wink: