Cannot access network drives

Just got my Vero 4k+, trying to set up Kodi in the same way as my Firestick version. However, when I try to add any smb shared drives, I get an ‘Error - Op not permitted’, then a message re cannot access network.
I’m on Win 10, & Kodi / Firestick work fine, using IP, then drive letter & folder name. Just to add, I’m connected to network via ethernet.

Also, can’t see any way of deleting locations, also, how can I run a full system restore to reset the device to delivered state?
thanks

If the only changes you made were with just Kodi then you can just delete the userdata folder…

How to delete Kodi userdata

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

You shouldn’t need to go to all that if your just trying to get rid of a source location. If you go to Videos>files> then highlight the source you want to remove, then context menu on your remote and select remove source. I would look at the userdata you have on your firestick (maybe use an app that will give ftp access to pull it over to a PC) and take a look at sources.xml and passwords.xml and see if they match what you have on your Vero. If you were manually adding in file paths maybe you forgot to include the password or made a typo.

Hi,
thanks for the info - not sure what was happening, but I could access one drive, but not the other. If I changed the params to use desktop-id (instead of IP), it seems to work. Also found the delete key for removing sources, & all seems to work ok now…

1 Like