Cannot connect to NFS on Archlinux workstation

I have set up NFS shares of videos, music and pictures on my Archlinux workstation. The shares are visible on my Vero 4k+. When I click on one of the shares, it fails with message Cannot connect to server.

My /etc/exports:

# /etc/exports - exports(5) - directories exported to NFS clients
#
# Example for NFSv3:
#  /srv/home        hostname1(rw,sync) hostname2(ro,sync)
# Example for NFSv4:
  /srv/nfs	    BobsWorkstation(rw,sync,no_all_squash,subtree_check,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,fsid=0)
  /srv/nfs/video   BobsWorkstation(rw,sync,no_all_squash,subtree_check,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,nohide)
  /srv/nfs/pictures   BobsWorkstation(rw,sync,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,nohide)
  /srv/nfs/music   BobsWorkstation(rw,sync,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,nohide)
# Using Kerberos and integrity checking:
#  /srv/nfs4        *(rw,sync,sec=krb5i,fsid=0)
#  /srv/nfs4/home   *(rw,sync,sec=krb5i,nohide)
#
# Use `exportfs -arv` to reload.

It’s been many years (about 20) since I set up nfs shares and things have changed. Most notably the current use of systend. If more info is necessary please let me know.

Hi,

I’ve preformatted /etc/exports, too make it easier to read.

BobsWorktstation is the only device that can access your shares, is that the hostname of the vero4k+? I’m guessing not.

If isn’t, I suggest allowing it via ip e.g:

/srv/nfs	    192.168.168.10(rw,sync,no_all_squash,subtree_check,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,fsid=0)

You need to add an entry for each machine that needs access or you can allow a network range e.g:

/srv/nfs	  192.168.168.10/24(rw,sync,no_all_squash,subtree_check,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,fsid=0)

Thanks Tom.

The BobsWorkstaion is the computer that is running Archlinux and hosts the nfs shares. Vero 4k+ is the client machine (osmc@osmc). The shares show up there however, I click on videos and it complains that it cannot connect to server.

I changed the no_all_squash to all_squash and that solved the problem. Thank you everyone for your assistance.

1 Like