Cannot initially select HD TV Channels, no data from TVH

@ActionA: Sorry, if you feel offended, maybe my post was a bit harsh.
Just to explain the background:
Reason #1 to not buy was that judging from my experience with Raspi/Kodi I could not expect the Vero 4K to do what I need: Work as a reliable Sat>IP receiver for my TV. This might have been remedied by a support that is dedicated to solve the problem. What I want to avoid, is: Buy a device, see that it doesn’t work and than hear "Sorry, we can’t help you, please refer to … That is reason #2.
Actually, I like what I am reading about the Vero, and I did try to order one, but Paypal and my credit card company worked together in a joined effort to prevent payment.:wink:

So, as I said before, I will stick with the Rapsi, try to live with the problems and educate my wife, how to use it.

Have fun,

Heinrich

I’m not offended but your statement is clearly a frustrated attempt to lash out at those who are providing you with the best ways to find solutions to your problems. This is not how our forum operates and we do not appreciate or tolerate such tirades directed towards our volunteers, even if made in a moment of frustration.

If this is what you need, IMO, you should not be averse to asking the most relevant source to assist you. TVHeadend being available in the OSMC app store is nothing more than an easy, streamlined way for you to obtain the service. We can’t be expected to be able to support 100% of every addon available on the platform when we have little control over it’s function and less knowledge of how it was developed. I wouldn’t expect Microsoft to provide support for a problematic video game simply because I used Internet Explorer to download it to my Windows machine. (Just kidding, I would never use Internet Explorer :wink: )

I assumed that thveadend was a version modified and maintained by OSMC because it came via the OSMC App Store. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

-Heinrich

Calm down!

My sentiments exactly! I’m glad we understand each other! :+1:

Hi Heinrich,

I can see several transaction attempts on 7th May from your side.
None of them were processed by OSMC. If you would like to discuss that, let me know.

If you use the OSMC version of TVHeadend, we can, and do support it.

Some questions though, are going to be better fielded by TVH team. Similarly, if you ask about a Kodi specific add-on, the developer will give you a better, and more accurate answer than we will. But we will certainly look in to the issue here, and at the very least, put you in touch with the right person.

Please keep in mind that there are a lot of volunteers on this forum that offer help in their own free time.

Thanks

Sam

I will try again tomorrow using my CC w/o PayPal. If that fails, could i maybe do a Wire Transfer in advance?

-Heinrich

There is an option to complete a Bank Transfer on the website.

Otherwise you can contact your card company for a more detailed explanation.

Sam

If you enable the checkbox “Force pilot for DVB-S2” does it make any difference?

2 Likes

BINGO! It does make a huge difference! HD channels are working reliably now.

After googling for "Force pilot for DVB-S2” I found explicit hints that it is indeed needed for the EXIP 414/E.
It becomes so simple when you know what to look for.

Thank you so much!

-Heinrich

1 Like