Can't access my osmc?

I’m using raspberry pi A+. I can’t access my osmc settings. The icons just won’t load up, and nothing happends when i press “enter”. Before i got something like “rebuilding skin shortcuts” and then it showed up. But now it just won’t show up. I have tried reinstalling like 3 times. But in the end the menu stops working :frowning:

I’m using the latest version of osmc: 2015.10-1

Also if i have my osmc on idle to long the whole thing freezes and i have to restart. any tips?

I even tried downloading to a earlier version. same problem :frowning: please help

Does this still occur if you switch to confluence skin?

Thanks for your reply. And yes it does.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Probably the same issue as I had. My fix is at the bottom of the thread. Skins components were not been installed and or corrupt.

Thread

How can skin components be corrupt even after i reinstalled a LOTS of times? thanks.

Also in your thread, when you changed skin it fixed it. It doesn’t do any difference for me…

And the most weird part is that EVERYTHING works 100%… just osmc settings that is weird. I tried going into program addons and load the menu from there. Still didn’t work. Nothing happens when i press launch.

I think it has to do with the positions of Mars and Venus in the night skies.

You can speculate and guess at causes or you can get logs that will tell you where to look

1 Like