Can't add SMB sources on OSMC

Hi!

I am sorry if there already is a solution to this problem but I’ve searched the internet and the forums here without finding a solution. I am entering the correct username and password which works on my Boxee Box without any problems. But when I do it on my Raspberry Pi running OSMC it prompts for username and password again. I have even tried doing it this way \\Rustam-PC\(my email) which is my username on Windows 8.1 and then the password, same thing happens as before. I’ve tried with the IP domain as well, \\192.168.1.10\(my email), also same problem. When I first installed raspbmc it worked like a charm, then after I updated it, it stopped working. I thought OSMC would have solved the problem but unfortunately it didn’t. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance,
RusTaX

The easiest way to add a Samba share with a username and password is to select “Add network location” from the list instead of directly choosing SMB. That will take you to another screen where you can select from a number of different protocols including SMB with a place to enter a username and password.

Did that as well, it takes me to the same window that prompts when you are adding a SMB source where you have to type in the username and password.

Edit:
I even tried editing the sources.xml in ~/.kodi/userdata/
I could add my network shared harddrive as a source and edited those lines to these following lines:

<video>
    <default pathversion="1"></default>
    <source>
        <name>Filmer</name>
        <path pathversion="1">smb://(my email):(password)@192.168.1.10/E/HD Movies/
        <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>
</video>

and it still doesn’t work, I even tried the following:

<video>
    <default pathversion="1"></default>
    <source>
        <name>Filmer</name>
        <path pathversion="1">smb://(my email):(password)@Rustam-PC/E/HD Movies/
        <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>
</video>

And that didn’t work as well.

Edit2:
Oh well, I solved it by disabling password protected sharing in Windows. Although I would like to have a password protected sharing, guess this will do for the time being.

Hello,

I noted an issue in OSMC after last nights update.

My previously working Windows Server shares suddenly wouldn’t open, error was “Network Timeout” and “Server Connection Timed Out”

My solution was two fold:

1.) I cleared the information in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml file which stores passwords for OSMC/SMB thinking that would fix it and allow me to reenter my SMB credentials but no Joy.

2.) I recreated my SMB connections manually by entering the path directly (not using browse feature) such as:

smb://ServerName/ShareName/Media/Video/TV
smb://ServerName/ShareName/Media/Video/Movies

Once I entered this and clicked Ok in OSMC I was prompted for User/Passwords which worked fine both ways (I could use DOMAIN/Username or just Username as Password, both were fine).

So yes I got this configured however, it seems that for the saved Server I could no longer configure a password / username which would work at the server level (Save credentials for the entire server) after the most recent update (Build 08-07-2015).

So everything is working fine now, even though I had to recreate my Library and such.

All the information I could locate last night (this morning) regarding this suggested the most reliable way was to just create multiple manual mappings or shares and enter user/password for each of them.

Hope this helps you or others sort out issues with SMB sharing on OSMC when you encounter them.

-Mike

Most likely problem is your email has an @ symbol in it, replace it with %40 and try again