Can't connect bluetooth devices (RPi 3)

The first problem I had with bluetooth was no possibility to discover any devices.
I finally manged to get them listed in My OSMC > Network > Bluetooth menu after doing:

$ bluetoothctl scan on

After that I wanted to stream music from android phone or notebook, but every time I select Re-Connect on the device (in OSMC) I get a message that connecting failed and these lines in logs:

Reconnecting Android phone:
Apr 19 20:46:42 osmc bluetoothd[570]: a2dp-source profile connect failed for 54:40:AD:BE:9A:22: Protocol not available

or when reconnecting notebook:
Apr 19 20:46:59 osmc bluetoothd[570]: a2dp-sink profile connect failed for 28:C2:DD:21:E5:16: Protocol not available
Apr 19 20:46:59 osmc bluetoothd[570]: a2dp-source profile connect failed for 28:C2:DD:21:E5:16: Protocol not available

All logs can be found here:
http://paste.osmc.io/oziwuwomop

I also googled about this error and the only thing I found was that I’m probably missing pulseaudio-bluetooth package (ArchLinux Wiki).
From what I found OSMC is neither using pulseaudio, nor it has this package in the repos.

Did anyone follow the directions here? A2DP support is experimental at this time.

Sorry, I quickly read the blog post about added support for RPi 3 bluetooth module and ignored the rest of the message. I’ll follow the instructions and retry :slight_smile: