Can't connect via ssh

Hello,

I try searching but no luck…

I have RPI 3, download latest osmc and freshly install, everything is ok and and working. I can access to radio stations and so on so internet access is ok…
But when I want to connect with putty to osmc it ask me for user and I type osmc and then asked for password and I type osmc … Then I wait forever nothing happend.

Do you have some solutions?
I am trying for three days now and I dont know what to do.

Thanks for any help

Do not expect to see the letters “osmc” that you type for the password. This is a linux feature where passwords are invisible when logging in.

If I misunderstand and you are entering the osmc password and pressing enter and still not gaining access then there are only two things that can be wrong.

1. You are attempting to SSH into the wrong IP address or
  2. your password has been changed, either by you or someone else who has gained access to your system.

Hello,

Thanks for fast respond.

I know about password in linux not seen.

I also have another rpi2 where I can connect with no problem.

If ip address would not be correct then I wouldnt be asked for username and password.

Who could change password on fresh install in just one minute?

What I discover right now is… If I have cable connected then I can connect over WiFi and over cable.
But when I disconect cable I am at the start. I got login prompt but after password input nothing happend

I solved ssh connection. If somebody would need.
Here I found what to do.

adding: IPQoS cs0 cs0
to /etc/ssh/sshd_config

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=138631&sid=1e9c11565b9ffec260fa96ca48009edd&start=100

We have no ideas why this would be necessary. To my knowledge, we’ve never seen this as a resolution to any ssh issue. Glad you are running again though.

Are you connecting the Pi3 via wireless?

Normaly yes

Can you tell me how you actually did this operation? I’m in the same boat where, suddenly, my ‘osmc/osmc’ username/password doesn’t seem to work… I swear I’ve accessed it by both FTP and SSH in the past with these credentials and wouldn’t have changed my details…

I thought about just putting my OSMC memory stick straight into my Mac to access the ‘sshd_config’ file but when I inserted it I couldnt’ see OSMC folders at all, just a recovery partition and another partition with random non-openable files, not the OSMC/Kodi folder structure I’d have expected…

Any ideas?

I encountered same problem and this is what I found:
SSH with Putty was working okay all the while until today. Same username and password : osmc/osmc.
Ftp also having connection time out.
Kodi → system information showed IP = 192.168.1.104 Can not login after many attempts.

My RPi3 had a LAN connection and WIFI enabled.
Then I went to My OSMC. I see that IP for Wired is 192.168.1.105.

When I use 105, everything okay now.
I guess when we have both on, only one is allowed to use as login. Is this the case? The one shows on Kodi system information might not be the right one.
Thanks.

BTW, I am using latest OSMC with Krypton. :slight_smile:

If you have wireless configured and plug in an Ethernet cable the Ethernet connection will take over.
This means that unless you have configured the same IP address in your DHCP server (for the Wired and Wireless MAC) you will need to connect to the IP address of the currently active connection type.

So looking at what you write above it could be that Kodi System information might not be update after technology change.