Hello fabulous people,
I see in the the “what’s new” blog post about the October update:
Added Shadertoy, Waveform and Spectrum screensavers
This is exciting news! Also, I saw in some follow-up discussion that those add-ons were causing issues on RPi and were temporarily disabled, but AFAIK that only affected users on the RPi platform.
My issue is that I can’t seem to figure out how to install/enable any of them on my Vero 4k+. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- Manually check for update, confirm system is fully updated already.
- Reboot, just in case it might dislodge something.
- Under Settings → Interface → Screensaver, hit “get more”. This takes me to a list with various photo slideshow and fancy clock screensavers, but none of the above-mentioned three are there.
- In that same Screensaver page, verify that the “use visualization when music playing” option is enabled. I don’t see any option here to select, add, or configure any visualizations.
- In the add-on browser, do a search for
shadertoy… Nothing. Likewise
From the release notes, I got the impression that these add-ons (visualizations?/screensavers?) are now available in the official, default repositories. Is that correct?
I’m sure I’m missing something here, and I suspect I’m going to be embarrassed at how obvious it is, but… help?