Can't find my wifi - release candidate

Changing to channel 3 seems to be doing the trick!

Channel 1 also works, but now I’ve constant disconnections.

If changing the channel affects whether you are able to connect reliably then that is not a bug in the software - you’re getting interference on some wifi channels. If channel 3 works for you, why not stick with it ?

For what it’s worth at my previous address I had to use channel 3 as well as 1,6,11 were all busy and suffered from poor speeds.

It works on 3 for me, but has to be some bug because it works on 11 with raspbmc with everything the same.

It’s not an interference problem. It works perfectly on channel 13 with raspbmc.

What country are you in ? Channel 13 is not allowed in many countries including the US and Canada. If you’re in a country that doesn’t allow channel 13 then it working in Raspbmc was actually a bug.

Does it work on channels 1-11 ? If it does and your country allows channel 13 it may be a bug where the wireless driver thinks you’re in the US. (This limits you to channels 1-11)

In Spain. Valid channels are 1 to 13, 14 is prohibited.
I only tested #1 and it works (with drops).

I live in sweden, everything else works with 13 here. I tried 9 and OSMC didn’t find it, but will 3 it works just fine :slight_smile: no drops!

It’s an issue with the RC. Mine doesn’t connect to anything above 10, and bellow I get constant drops. This did no t happen on Alpha 4.

I’d just like to add my voice to this (admittedly old, sorry about that) chorus. Wifi with my Edimax EW-7811UN works flawlessly in Alpha 4, but is horribly spotty with RC and often does not work at all.

New wireless drivers are being tested right now, and at least on my 4 test wireless adaptors (Tenda W311M, TP-Link TL-WN823N, D-Link DWA-131, and Edimax EW-7811UTC) things are looking good so far. :smile:

When we’re happy with the testing a kernel update will be pushed out.

I can confirm the issue with the latest update. Channels 3,6,7,10,11 are working, 12,13 and auto are not working

You are replying to a thread that is almost two years old, and you don’t provide any logs or even information about what adapter you are using.