Can't get piano 2.1 dac to work

I’ve been using osmc for a while for movies but want to use it for music as well. I didn’t want to rely on the sound output from hdmi, so have recently bought a piano 2.1 dac + kali reclocker. Under settings>system>audio I have selected ALSA:Default(bcm2835 ALSA bcm2835 ALSA)
but I can’t get anything out of the dac. I would greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed in our staging repository.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Hi Sam

Thanks for the quick response. So I downloaded putty, but when I logged in via my ip address, it wouldn’t accept osmc as the password. Any advice?

cheers.

Scratch that. Sorry, forgot I had put a micro sd card with volumio in the pi to test it out.

OK so I’ve logged in, how do I edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list?

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Use the arrow keys to move around. CTRL-O to write the changes and CTRL-X to exit.

Hi Sam

No, no change. Cant get any sound from DAC. Any other ideas?

Thank you for that info. Just worked it out a minute before you posted, but I sure do appreciate it.

provide debug logs after you upgraded and rebooted

Did you

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

And then reboot?

If you are unsure of what to do I recommend just waiting for the next update

Sam

Sure did. Then rebooted again for good measure. No change. Whether the audio out is set to HDMI or the piano dac, it still comes out the HDMI.

OK. How do I provide debug logs?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OK. Just enabled debugging then rebooted. Then went to settings>system>audio, and changed the output device to HDMI and back to the DAC. Then started a song playing, then went back and toggled the audio device to HDMI and back again. Then went to my OSMC and uploaded all logs. It displayed a URL on the screen reading

URL:https://paste.osmc.tv/onuduroliz

Did I do it right?

Also in the meantime I downloaded volumio to try. It confirms the dac is working fine, however the volumio interface is a bit of a mare and it wouldn’t pick up a lot of my music during the scan. So it just confirms to me that I really want to get OSMC working as I really like the interface.

hi
same issue here.
allo 2.1 DAC working fine (with overlay)
but not with Kali Recloker. Got white noise if i stay with allo DAC and nothing via RCA outputs with no overlay.
Thanks !