Can't play .mkv from one day to the next

One night everything is fine. Watching old Harry Potter-movies. The next evening, they wo’nt play. Screen goes dark, acts like power is broken. A press att the stop-button, and I’m back in the menu with the movies. Upgraded to latest firmware makes no difference.
Anyone recognises this, or hav suggestions?

Henrik

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Ok, I’ll have a look at it. Most of what you say though, is greek to me.

Ok, url is: https://paste.osmc.tv/kuhizomopa
Hope it’s ok.

A few recommendations:

• Disable whitelisting in Kodi settings
  • Is it possible the NAS is going in to standby / isn’t waking properly?

No NAS involved, streaming from ordinary computer, which is always running.
Will check whitelisting, but that is’nt changed ever.

Whitelisting disabled, and we’re running again.
Thanks very much for your help.

Henrik

1 Like

Glad to hear this.

What I do’nt understand is why I can’t choose the highest setting on display, just the next highest.
Why is that, and does it matter?

Henrik

If you enable whitelisting you will need to whitelist several resolutions. You don’t want everything being played at one resolution and refresh rate.

This should help with that…