Can't share library to kodi

Hi, I have OSMC installed on Rpi2 and USB HDD on IT with multimedia plug-in to my TV. I have also Rpi4 with Libreelec (still waiting for OSMC) connected to my projector. I share library from OSMC to Libreelec without aby problem but when I install Kodi on Android or Ubuntu laptop I cannot add HDD from OSMC. When I choose driver popup window Ask for login and password. I paste correct one from OSMC, but popup window show again.

Your sharing these with UPnP or what exactly?

Sorry, I don’t write that happen when I choose smb. When I use UPnP I can acess to my OSMC library but cannot add it to Media on other devices.

So you are just using your OSMC device to act as a file server and setting up independent libraries on each device? Do these machines that don’t work have an incorrect entry in their /userdata/passwords.xml file?

As for the UPnP you cannot use that as a library source so some skins such as estuary you can only access it by going through the “Videos” section of the main menu. Some skins such as the OSMC one allow you to change the main menu items to point to a UPnP path so it looks somewhat similar.

I have hdd connected to my Rpi2 with OSMC. On that hdd is the only media library I have. I can acess to that library from Libreelec (Rpi 4) and from my laptop File Manager but not from Kodi app (the same laptop and android smartphone).

I have on my laptop that entry, I see those are my tries to access:

<path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.10/My Passport</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://osmc:mypassword@192.168.0.10:445/My Passport/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.10/media</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://osmc:mypassword@192.168.0.10/media/media/My /Pasport/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://OSMC/Dane</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://osmc:mypassword@OSMC/Dane/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://OSMC/My Passport</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://osmc:mypassword@OSMC/My Passport/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://OSMC/osmc</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://osmc:mypassword@OSMC/osmc/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

You said it was working on LE. What is different in your userdata/sources.xml and userdata/passwords.xml files on LE vs. your laptop?

1 Like

Thanks, I see now. It uses different password. Not my pass to ssh. It works now.

1 Like