Can't SSH with a static IP, but DHCP IP works

How am i gonna run wavemon if I dont have a spare keyboard for the pi? and iperf on the laptop right?

Well without a spare keyboard I agree could be tricky. Iperf you could start via SSH and use screen.

If at first you can not login to XXX.XXX.X.102 then ping it first a couple of times … That does the trick for me.

Its not ideal but for now it will maybe do the trick if you want to ssh into your Pi3

Hope this helps

It’s possible that your issue might be due to power management being enabled in the driver for the wireless adaptor.

After a period of idle time it will stop responding to outside requests and will only “wake up” if you initiate network traffic from the Pi. A debug log that includes dmesg, taken while the wireless adaptor is connected would be needed to see what wireless driver is used by your adaptor and whether power management is enabled.

You can have DHCP running and still have the same IP adress given to the same device everytime it connects to the network.
Log in to router. Somewhere you will be able to se IP adress and MAC-adress of the device.
Now you use the MAC-adress to lock to a specific ip-adress.
Like MAC aba:aba:aba:aba IP: axa:axa:axa:axa = 1 device, MAC bab:bab:bab:bab IP: xax:xax:xax:xax.
Some routers uses virtual portforwarding and in that case you might have to open portnumber of the IP-Adress, your device is using. (SSH = Port 22.) Other routers just let connection being established inside the LAN-network without further fuzz.
Remember to turn off power on your Pi else it might not let release the old IP-adress.
In my experience it is not enought to reboot. The On-Board LAN chip remember old IP-adress if you only do a reboot.
I have DHCP on my network but all devices are given the same IP-adress at the same device at every log on.

Yes. One way to test if that is the issue, is do a Ping to the address. If no respons come out, wifi proberly gone to stand-by. Strange part is, if you have vnc-server somehow it will react and wake up Wifi-dongle but Putty dosen’t. And most time you will be able to ping the address and then wake up Wifi, so Putty can connect.
It was an issue with Wheezy, but in Jessie, as i remember, there is already been taking care of that issue.
As i remember the same thing i done with OSMC/Jessie…?
Try this on Pi / Pi2
(This is for Edimax 7811Un USB-Wifi)
pi@user> cat /sys/modprobe.d/8192cu.conf
You should get: options 8192cu rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0
The issue dosen’t seem to regarding Pi3 On-Board LAN/Bluetooth/Wifi.
If you don’t have that file do this:

#Make this file if it not exist

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/8192cu.conf

#Add this 2 line and save

#Disable Power Management
options 8192cu rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0

(Edimax 7811Un Wifi-dongle)

just gonna reply here since I solved it, i added “sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off” to rc.local. Just thought maybe you could include that in the next osmc update :slight_smile: