CEC Issue

Arkey, you are experiencing the exact same bug as me and others:

I didn’t mention the CEC issue in my report, as I wasn’t sure if it was an additional bug or just a manifestation of the freezing issue. I will add to your report that my experience was that freezing could sometimes be provoked by skipping back and forth in the movie, which might support the hypothesis that CEC is at fault here. I also occasionally saw the RPi wake up after prolonged freezing, but it crashed within minutes thereafter.

I am currently going through the most recent OSMC disk images to pinpoint the bug. So far it seems that all images except ‘OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20151027.img’ (for RPi v/1) don’t have this bug. You can revert to one of these installations if you just want a bug-free experience.

Alternatively, you can join us in the efforts to track down this bug. Project lead Sam Nazarko has suggested that we first identify the release where the bug was introduced. We’ll then do a partial upgrade to narrow it down, and the more testers we have, the sooner we can close the file on this one. I’m just about to install the latest release (‘OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20151027.img’) and will hopefully verify that this was the release that introduced this bug. Join us at: Frequent random muting, then freezing - #2 by sam_nazarko