Cec issues after april update

I have set cec logging, rebooted turned off the AV and TV on manually, turn them on again and, despit of EC/HDMI on the screen, the remote does not work - so used upload log in my osmc (I hope, there was no confirmation) - where/how you will identify them? Also tried to turn off the OSMC for 10 min. Only reboot syncs the remote with the OSMC and it starts to work.

… for upload + reboot I have used web interface

Hi,

Sorry to here you are having issues, what osmc device are you having this issue on?

When you uploaded the logs, you should have been given a url; you need let us know what the url is.

Thanks Tom.

Hello :slight_smile: now it makes sense for me :slight_smile: I am running Pi2 and here is the URL with logs
https://paste.osmc.tv/utuwarukah
Marek

Hi,

21:10:13.070 T:1805992944   ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run "tvservice --off" and try again.
            21:10:13.070 T:1805992944   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
            21:10:13.070 T:1805992944   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 2)
            21:10:14.073 T:1805992944   ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run "tvservice --off" and try again.
            21:10:14.081 T:1805992944   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
            21:10:14.081 T:1805992944   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 3)

Well this is a weird one, it looks almost like as if something other than kodi is using cec?

I’m also seeing a repo listed here.

Can you please try a fresh install of osmc, with April’s update and see if the issue is still occurring.

Thanks Tom.

hmm this will take quite some time including all plugins and settings which I am not willing to spent now - it has clearly started after update, so… hope this will be fixed in the next one - as people asked for roll-back, maybe the ceclib will be fixed. Or is there a way how to copy settings? I guess this would not be the way how to test it right?
Thanks!

Hi,

You can back and restore your settings using myosmc. I would start with a fresh install, check if cec is working or not. Then restore using myosmc.

Or you use win32diskimager, to create a full back up of your sd card. Then you can try a fresh install.

You may well be right that cec issue is only related to the update, but this could also be a configuration issue and the easiest way to confirm is with a fresh install.

Thanks Tom.