CEC issues

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with Vero 4K and my other devices (Philips BDP2180 Bluray Player, PS3 & Sharp LC-43CFE4142E TV).While Vero is on everything’s fine but after switching off all CEC signals are blocked. I cannot wake or turn off the other devices via CEC. They are not recognized by the TV as if all CEC signals are blocked. With Raspberry Pi3 & OSMC it was working fine. How can I solve the problem and how to determine where the problem might be? If I have to leave my Vero on is it possible to turn the LED off at night? Thanks in advance,

The Vero is designed to be left on. Not switching it off should solve your problem and the additional power usage will be negligible.[quote=“petersen77, post:1, topic:37992”]
If I have to leave my Vero on is it possible to turn the LED off at night?
[/quote]

No. I believe there was talk about getting it to change colour (to red) while leaving the Vero still running. - a kind of fake standby. Shutdown Vero 4K via Kodi Shutdown - but how to turn on? - #12 by sam_nazarko I placed black electrical tape over the LED on my 4K.

1 Like

No heat problems running 24/7?

No. Most heat is generated when machines are working hard, not when they’re idling.

Vero 4K has good thermal governing as well – so this won’t be an issue.

1 Like

Thanks, now I new need a black tape :grinning: