CEC (Samsung) remote not working

Same here, i upgraded to the latest version this morning (june 8th) and my remote is not working. Im using the Samsung remote from my TV with HDMI-CEC. OSMC is installed on a rpi3.

This setup did work for the past 6 months but the remote stopped working since the last two updates. USB keyboard works fine, also the “web remote” from kodi works fine.

I am assuming you are refering to your Samsung TV Remote not working to control OSMC (via CEC) or? Because if that is the case I moved your post to a new thread as the other thread was regarding IR based remotes.

Hi all! I’ve the same problem with a samsung tv.
I’ve got also a ps4 and the remote with cec works. Any ideas?

Did you try to power down your Raspberry and TV at the mains for a couple of minutes?

Yep, but it didn’t work.
I tried to disconnect the ps4 too, but no luck.
I’ve other option to use the samsung remote tu osmc?

Well first step would be to enable debug logging and check what CEC information is seen.

Also you clould try another HDMI Cable (eg just plug the Vero instead of the PS4)

Tried this too but it did not work.
How can I enable debug logging? Also I’ve used this raspberry pi with an older osmc version with a philips tv and cec works. Is it possible to be a bug with the osmc version?

Very unlikely as there are 100.000 Users not having an issue.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

maybe related HDMI CEC not working after october update - #13 by shamael