CEC stopped working since last week RPI3 + stucked the amplifier on kodi, cannot change to bluetooth source

Hi,

I have an RPI3 with osmc kodi installed. I used my amlifier’s remote control to control everything in my system (ps4,pi3, apple tv).

Since last week the kodi stopped working, I cannot control via my remote control.
Another strange thing is, my amplifier has a bluetooth so when I want to listen song I connect to the amplifier, it will automatically turned on and switch to bluetooth source so I can play music. This function stopped as well. So when I watched a movie via pi3 and the amplifier source was on the pi, it doesn’t change to bluetooth when I connect. It is something like holding the source.

Were there any update? Can I go back to the previous working version? Or can you help me to solve the problem?

Thank you the quick help in advance.
B

Power down (disconnect from the mains) all devices for several minutes and check if CEC becomes active afterwards.
If not enable debug logging and provide the logs for investigation.

Where are the logs? As I remember well I chacked in the /var/log/messages but maybe it is logging somewhere else.

Debug logging in the myosmc menu? Try to do cec, and after a day send it to you? Or what is the proces here to give a valueable log with information? How you create it normally?

Check the explanation here.

You easily upload them via grab-logs -A

I think you just need to restart and try to sent some buttons via CEC and then upload. But before I suggset to try the full power down method and also maybe replace the HDMI cable.

Hdmi cable change done, complete system power plug out done, nothing helped.

https://paste.osmc.tv/ofimuwiwor

I run a command that I found in the topic (echo “scan” | cec-client -s -d 1), and I got errors:

opening a connection to the CEC adapter…
ERROR: [ 48] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 48] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 48] could not open a connection (try 1)
ERROR: [ 1048] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 1049] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 1049] could not open a connection (try 2)
ERROR: [ 2049] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 2049] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 2049] could not open a connection (try 3)
ERROR: [ 3050] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 3050] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 3050] could not open a connection (try 4)
ERROR: [ 4050] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 4050] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 4050] could not open a connection (try 5)
ERROR: [ 5051] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 5051] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 5052] could not open a connection (try 6)
ERROR: [ 6053] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 6053] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 6053] could not open a connection (try 7)
ERROR: [ 7054] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 7055] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 7055] could not open a connection (try 8)
ERROR: [ 8056] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 8057] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 8057] could not open a connection (try 9)
ERROR: [ 9058] RegisterLogicalAddress - CEC is being used by another application. Run “tvservice --off” and try again.
ERROR: [ 9058] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 9059] could not open a connection (try 10)
ERROR: [ 10059] could not start CEC communications
unable to open the device on port RPI

When I stop tv service I get this back:
opening a connection to the CEC adapter…
requesting CEC bus information …
CEC bus information

device #1: Recorder 1
address: 1.0.0.0
active source: no
vendor: Pulse Eight
osd string: CECTester
CEC version: 1.4
power status: on
language: eng

device #4: Playback 1
address: 2.1.0.0
vendor: Unknown
osd string: Apple TV
CEC version: unknown
power status: standby
language: ???

device #5: Audio
address: 2.0.0.0
vendor: Yamaha
osd string: RX-V383
CEC version: 1.4

device #8: Playback 2
address: 2.2.0.0
vendor: Sony
osd string: PlayStation 4
CEC version: 1.3a

From your logfile it seems that keypresses are recieved. Could it be an issue with the Keymap?

> 20:03:49.401 T:1805325296   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key a7 duration 0 (rep:0 size:0)
> 20:03:49.401 T:1805325296   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - added key a7
> 20:03:49.548 T:1805325296   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key a7 duration 147 (rep:0 size:1)
> 20:03:49.548 T:1805325296   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - replaced key a7

If issue with keymap what can I do?

You could try the keymap ediitor to remap them, while to be honest I don’t know how it applies to CEC