The problem I’m having is that, on certain video files, the change of display refresh rate does not occur immediately. Rather it happens after exactly 10 seconds of playback causing a black screen for a second or two then the video plays as normal. The last thing you want when you’ve just fired up your favourite 80’s cartoon intro is to have everything stop all of sudden, even if it is only for a moment.
This doesn’t occur on all video files, most play fine without the late refresh rate change. I think it may be something to do with the video encoding because, if one episode in a series does it, they will all do it. Whereas another series will be fine.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should also have thought to mention that I have tried this. Whether it’s set to “Always” or “On start/stop” it still doesn’t change until 10 seconds into the video. Obviously, if I set it to “Off” then the problem doesn’t occur but then, of course, the refresh rate doesn’t change at all.
I am on Krypton running the December update. Every time I update I get an error message stating that something to do with SSH has failed to install. The update always seems to go through regardless so I never pay it any mind.
Looking at my own posted log, the issue seems to be here:
When playback starts, the player attempts to set the display resolution to 60.00 then 10 seconds later it tries to set it again to 59.94 which is double the framerate of the source video and presumably what it should be setting it to initially.