Changing keybinds

So I started down this rabbit hole to change playback speed, but now there are some other keybinds I would like to change. This is what I’m working with so far

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <Home>
    <keyboard>
      <home mod="longpress">fullscreen</home>
    <keyboard>
  <Home>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <right mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>
      <left mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Do any changes I make here override the defaults in the other keybinding file? Am I at least headed in the right direction? The changes I want to make are
from the home screen, a long press takes me to fullscreen video
from fullscreen video, a short press takes me to the home screen instead of the bookmarks menu

I’m fairly new to this so simple explanations would be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <home>PreviousMenu</home>
      <right mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>
      <left mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

With this the playback function works fine, but the home button still opens the bookmarks menu.

I wonder if using Keymap Editor would be easier here.

That’s the route I ended up going, but I know you can’t do the longpress functionality with it.
Is there something wrong with my keymap file I’m adding?

Keymap editor does not have support for longpress functions so this would have to be done with manual edits like you started. The issue I see here is that you assume the home button is mapped to the home key but it is actually “escape”. Additionally I’m not sure “previousmenu” is the correct action in this particular situation as it seems like “back” would be more what I would assume. As such you would be using something like…

<escape>back</escape>

The names you would need to use for the mappings as well as other information on this subject can be found in the following thread…

Thanks! I’ll check it out when I have some spare time.

1 Like