Comments on OSMC 2017.02-2 and Kodi 17.1 on Vero2

Have not seen these things reported (or don’t know where to look, suggestions welcome).

1. New skin – no “busy” indication, just no response to a command for a while - where Confluence gave a spinning disk in the lower right corner.

2. System player information much reduced but more orderly. ( “O” command). I miss the audio and video bit rate information…can we at least get that back ?

3. Video Calibration has lost the “video corners” to adjust (upper left, lower right) . Lining up a blank corner is much more difficult. “Adjust the rectangle” is impossible since no rectangle is shown ???

Otherwise new release works fine.

There is a big OSMC sign drawn in the middle of the screen when “busy” when you don’t have that something went wrong.

This was already reported and will be fixed. But generally there should be no need for video calibration

This was a change made by Kodi, not OSMC. If you’d like the previous behavior back, create the following file with the following content:
.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <o>PlayerDebug</o>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

When going back to Confluence skin (Had to re-enable it, I have 4 girls at home, trust me, you don’t want to fight them to learn a new UI :D)
The submenu/Movies: Recent movies
is missing. I bet something is missing, however I didn’t manage to figure out what it is.