Connect Bose Mini Soundlink to OSMC using bluetooth

Hi there! I would like to connect our Bose Mini Soundlink to my raspberry pi with OSMC installed (The Operating system, not on raspbian.)

When I go to My OSMC > Networking > Bluetooth, I enable bluetooth, connect the Bose Speaker, then it asks me to connect with or without pin. I first tried without. Then nothing happenned. Then, I tried using the option ‘With pin’. I’ve never been able to enter is somewhere.

Yes, I’ve read this:

Since I’m not using raspbian, those commands do not work on the OMSC console.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!! :slight_smile:
Jonas

I am not sure where you got this wrong.
Those instructions are obviously written for OSMC (this forum is not about raspbian at all) and they work very well.
Anyhow ad2p is in the meantime available on the stable version of OSMC. So just run sudo apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc

Hi there!
Wow! That was a fast response! Awesome!
I tried running sudo apt-get-install a2dp-app-osmc.
This is the output:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package a2dp-app-osmc

How shall I fix that?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
Jonas

Before running apt-get install of anything, one must always run sudo apt-get update to update/populate the package list.

It’s installing! Yay!
Okay, what’s the next step?

Pair the speaker and then in settings → system → audio change the audio sink and enjoy

How?

Via MyOSMC as you did before, should work now (without pin)

Okay! I’ll try it soon! I’ll let you know how it turned out! :slight_smile:

Didn’t work. I still can’t connect. :frowning:
Any other ideas?

Bump

Seriously? That’s the best way to make people ignore your thread!

If it is still not working (I assume you removed the Bose from the left side if it showed up there?) I would suggest to go to command line and use bluetoothctl to scan, pair, trust, connect

1 Like

Oh, sorry.
Ok. How shall I do that?
I’m a n00b with those things.

Well my above explanation basically sums it up bluetoothctl to scan, pair, trust, connect

1. Go to command line (which I assume you know how as you installed a2dp)
  2. Run bluetoothctl
  3. Within bluetoothctl run scan (your Bose speaker with MAC Address should be shown), next pair + the MAC of the speaker (you can use TAB for autocompletion)
  4. Then run trust + MAC and connect + MAC