"Connection refused" problem when using Kore or Yatse app with latest OSMC (Kodi 19)

Hi Community!

I’m using OSMC with Kodi 19 on my RPI3B. I want to play music or videos from the NAS. Or stream radio via the radio app …
When I select a title the first time → all good. 2 or 3 titles more usually still go.
But then I can no longer click on any title (no matter if file or station in the app) … or if I click on it, I always get the same error message in KORE or YATSE:

Couldn’t play media file.
Error message:
java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /192.168.178.42 (port 80) from /192.168.178.20 (port 42218) after 5000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused).

192.168.178.42 is the RP
192.168.178.20 is my Android Phone

When this condition occurs, the host is also shown as offline in the app

Here are log files: https://paste.osmc.tv/hawiroguju

That’s my setup:

• Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3 B with latest OSMC with Kodi 19
  • Audio/Video data on NAS Synology DS218j
  • Network LAN … RP and NAS are connected via cable through the Fritz!Box 7530 router … with a TP-Link Deco M5 as access point
  • KORE or YATSE Apps as remote control on my Android Phone

Unfortunately I can’t code and have only rudimentary network knowledge … I just can’t figure out the problem.
… maybe someone here in the community can help me. I would be very happy!

Best,
Reini76

Hi,

Are you able to access the kodi web interface from your computer?

Thanks Tom.

Well as @Tom_Doyle wrote best to figure out when you loose connection from the Phone app if at that moment you can still access Kodi Webinterface from any other device via Browser just by typying http://192.168.178.42
If no, then check from the PC if you still can ping Kodi ping 192.168.178.42
If Yes, then check from the Phone if you can ping Kodi (e.g. can use the App Network Tools from Hurrican Electric)

Also to avoid that this is an issue are you using a VPN on your Pi/Kodi?

1 Like

yes, accessing via web interface is no problem. however it also freezes from time to time …

ok. i will get prepared to try pings from phone and PC, when i experience the next freeze.

and no, i don’t use VPN

1 Like