Contrast / brightness Vero V HDR to SDR

Hi!
After I received the Vero V and installed the latest firmware, I noticed that the contrast/brightness function does not work during the HDR to SDR conversion from UHD movie. This has always been possible with the Vero 4plus.
Is this basically no longer possible or have I overlooked something in the settings? Thanks for your help

This is fixed and will be in the next update.

Thanks for the good news. Can you already predict when that will be?

There are no ETAs ever published but I believe a 20.3 update will come within days.

A few days are relative. There is probably a lot to do in general. Is there a chance that I can restore this myself? Before I bought the V, I didn’t realize that this option, which is important to me, would be missing. It would be more than good if this function were available again now.

The update is in staging, if you are eager to test:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

1 Like

Thank You!

I made the suggested changes and tested them with three 4K UHD movies. It’s working again now. Many thanks for the support!

1 Like

Out of interest, do you find you have to turn the contrast up or down generally or does it vary by title?

This varies from title to title. In my opinion, HDR movies often require adjustment. Here the Vero acts as a feeder for a projector. It may be that from a technical point of view it is good if HDR produces nice definition in the highlights and shadows. However, that doesn’t always suit my taste on screen. In this respect, fine-tuning from movie to movie is important to me.
Apart from that, my impression is that tone mapping HDR/SDR has generally improved with Vero V

Thanks for the feedback. I think beamers are always more difficult to optimise than TVs.