Couchpotato Service failed - troubleshooting

I had couchpotato installed successfully for some time, installed on Rasp PI 3 running OSMC (obviously).

Couchpotato must have stopped working over the last few days and I can’t figure out why. I attempted to go through the reinstallation instructions, but received the same failure message.
systemctl status couchpotato.service output:

**osmc@osmc** : **/opt/CouchPotatoServer** $ systemctl status couchpotato.service

**●** couchpotato.service - CouchPotato application instance

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/couchpotato.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: **failed** (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-10-22 20:29:47 PDT; 14min ago

Process: 7977 ExecStart=/opt/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotato.py **(code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)**

Main PID: 7155 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc CouchPotato.py[7977]: self._open_storage()

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc CouchPotato.py[7977]: File "/opt/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/tree_index.py", line 1923, in _open_storage

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc CouchPotato.py[7977]: self.storage.open()

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc CouchPotato.py[7977]: File "/opt/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/storage.py", line 99, in open

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc CouchPotato.py[7977]: raise IOError("Storage doesn't exists!")

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc CouchPotato.py[7977]: IOError: Storage doesn't exists!

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc systemd[1]: **couchpotato.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1**

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc systemd[1]: **Failed to start CouchPotato application instance.**

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc systemd[1]: **couchpotato.service: Unit entered failed state.**

Oct 22 20:29:47 osmc systemd[1]: **couchpotato.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.**

I have the logs available if they will help.

See if this helps. They had the same issue

That might work, could you help me locate the couchpotatoserver database file I need to rebuild?

In that solution they removed:
/volume1/@appstore/couchpotatoserver/var/database

I can’t seem to find a similar “var/database” path in the couchpotato directory.

Not sure where the path is as I don’t run CP. Try searching for the folder database:

sudo find / -name database

Failing that there should be a config file somewhere.

That command gave me an error:
find: ‘/proc/9611/task/9611/net’: Invalid argument
find: ‘/proc/9611/net’: Invalid argument

I went through the config file and no luck. Every google search I do for the database location only comes up with Couchpotato install instructions.

what am I missing!!!

[banging head against the wall]

I suspect the developers of couchpotato would know more about this than we do lol.

Indeed. Try here https://couchpota.to/forum/

1 Like

I’ll reach out to the couchpotato developers. I don’t know what I was thinking!:roll_eyes:
Thank you for the link to their forum.