Couple of Vero V questions

Hi,

I recently got my Vero V. Couple of random questions:

1. It’s crashed to the blue frowny face a couple of times now, seemingly at random. While that is annoying in itself every time it happens the main menu resets to default. When I go to fix it the ‘skin shortcuts’ addon gets (re)installed. Presumably the main menu settings get saved somewhere that should be safe during a crash; it remembers all other settings so why not this. Could this have something to do with the crashes? Using the default skin. I can’t reproduce the crashing issue so no logs.

2. During library updates I tend to get a trakt api error message, and that further tries will be suppressed for 30 mins. I don’t use trakt and it’s disabled in the scraper settings (it’s disabled by default even). In my firewall I can see that it is indeed connecting to api.trakt.tv during every library update. What is connecting to trakt and why? And how can I disable it?

3. Is it possible to disable the bright blue light on the front of the device? It’s distracting. Currently I’ve used a high tech solution in the form of some masking tape…

1. It would be very hard to say without logs showing the crash. As for the resetting I’d guess that is a matter of the settings not getting written out before the crash. You might want to try changing the settings then from the home screen use the power>exit option to reboot Kodi which should make sure the settings are written out. If you change skins it can sometimes be necessary to go back into Kodi’s settings and then exit them to make changes stick. There is I believe a bit of a bug such that when you change the skin it takes you to the home screen without exiting the settings which bypasses the trigger for the settings file to get updated.

2. I’m assuming you did a full backup from another machine and restored it to your Vero V and that is where Trakt came from. If you go to your add-ons and find Trakt, and then bring up the info window, you should see an option to uninstall it.

3. I would upgrade the masking tape to electrical tape.

1. I figured the same thing and have restarted the Vero after fixing the main menu. Next crash it reset again. I get that you need logs but that’s difficult to do when it’s so random.

2. No restore. Fresh install. Trakt is not present in the addon list.

1. Try changing your settings, go to the home screen, back to the settings, then hit the back on the remote again, then exit Kodi. It should reboot Kodi with your updated settings intact.

2. The only other reason I could think that Trakt would be installed would be if you had installed a skin or another add-on that brought it along. Trakt is for sure not part of a stock install.

If you think somehow things got corrupted you could try defaulting to stock userdata…

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2