i’m having trouble with 5.1 audio playback on the following setup:
- Rasberry 1 Model B
- OSMC 2015.11-2
- LogiLink USB Sound Box 7.1 8-Channel UA0099
- connected through LogiLink UA0125 USB-Hub
- Logitech X-530 sound system
USB sound card was recognized out of the box as ALSA device in OSMC settings.
- ALSA: USB Sound Device (@:CARD=Device,DEV=0), Analog
- choosing this I get 5.1 surround, but the playback suffers from cracking noises - sometimes more, sometimes less. Furthermore there is some weird pitchbend in the beginning of a video playback.
- ALSA: USB Sound Device (surround:21:CARD=Device,DEV=0), Analog
- choosing this I get only Stereo output, but no crackling noises and no pitchbend.
- ALSA: USB Sound Device, S/PDIF
I tried the following fixes:
- Installing pulseaudio as pointed out here resulted in Stereo output only and 100% cpu load.
- Creating an asound.conf file as pointed out here but with the name “Device” for my card. Resulted in new “Default” ALSA device, but choosing this makes no difference and 5.1 surround remains distorted.
- I tried this update procedure from raspyfi but this did nothing good and now my OSMC boot screen doesn’t show up on boot. Have to fix that later.
Hope you can help me, thanks in advance!