Crash it every time

Well I thought this test would take over 24 hours ! With my PC if only took less than 2 hours to scan in all the movies ! Raspberry would take over 24 hours for the same work.

OK back to the test I clicked on Actors filter and it generated it less than a MINUTE it popped up with 97351 actors so I scrolled down to John Wayne and I have 70 movies with him in it. And also found I had a dupe ! Nice find to free up hardware space !

So its a BIG yes Raspberry is no longer viable to support my library ! Damn I own a lot of them using with HDhomeRun :frowning:

I have bad news to keep things fair I didn’t clean LE library like I did to OSMC after cleaning the library the actors filter works its not as fast as windows but not bad for only taking 2 minutes . So LE has no crashes

Does the LE installation have the exact same setup as the OSMC installation? Especially skin used and add-ons. And any other installed packages via apt-get.

Yes using the same Skin Estuary same addons HDhomeRun thats it

How does that work if it only has 16 gig ?

What he means is you can put your 64G card into a Vero and put your nfos on that.

So no xml programming required ?

No, just a sym link

Would running the database on SQL offload much of this work? My 3b+ pulls up 18k actors in something like six seconds (three seconds in Windows) and my library scans are actually faster with my pi’s than with my Windows boxes.

Well just finished setting up Gigabyte Intel Celeron J1900 Mini PC Barebone Components GB-BXBT-1900 with 4 gigs ram let the testing begin its going to take awhile to load the library $ 104.00 plus cost of the ram

Sounds good.

The Vero storage can be expanded in the form of micro SD card or USB stick. You would need to use the command line to symbolically link the Kodi userdata to the external storage, which may not be as plug and play as you’d like.

Sam

I like the VERO spec’s but the $ 140 price tag steered me away :frowning:

The price is higher than a Pi, yes; but it should be competitive with Intel hardware, particularly as the latter won’t handle 4K or HDR at the moment.

Sam

Yes you are correct ! But none of my TV’s are 4K and all are 1080p and my library is all 1080 or 720p and Comcast recordings are all 720p . Im still laughing at my friends years ago running out for 4K TV’s and have no ATSC 3.0 tuners. When broadcasting catches up is when its time to upgrade equipment.

RPI 4 will be released soon. From what I’ve heard this thing will be a beast.