Crash on startup after install

I got it to work and after I removed USB and unplugged for 10 seconds, plugged back in, it went through the installing files and said installation successful. When it goes through the boot it just gets to the startup screen and then crashes. No lights on the front of ATV and no communication to TV. Is this a common issue?

Still no successful boot. Just gets to Osmc logo for about a minute and crashes out.

Not heard of this one before.

Is the ATV really hot?
When was the last time it worked?

Its warm. Last I tried it was about a year ago. I was running OSMC on it before i laid it up. Does it need to be plugged into ethernet to work?

It sounds like the HD is still spinning but no video or audio coming out and no light on front of ATV.

This is the startup text that shows up onscreen.

And this is the startup screen that shows up for about 10 seconds or so before everything goes dead.

I’m having the same issue after running the update.
I have been using the ATV 1 regularly for the past two weeks with no issues (purchased second hand).
Wishing I didn’t update, hoping someone has a solution.

If no one provides logs, then no attempt will be made to resolve an issue we cannot understand at the system level…

Thanks for sending the link! I’ll read through the submission support request & follow the instructions.

Is it even possible to get logs if the ATV will not complete a boot? I dont even know if I can SSH into it.

Try it, generally most of the time it looks like the system didn’t boot (because Kodi or X11 problems) while the system is accessible by SSH.

how do i get my ip address to login? I have the CHD card and my dongle probably isnt configured to work with the atv or connecting to wifi atm.

Try reseat the CHD card

Well would suggest to use a Ethernet cable for the troubleshooting till you are all set.
The IP address you can either get from your router or arp -a command checking against the MAC address of the ATV.

i’m having the same infinite reboot or crash after last update, dont know how to upload log to you.

A few replies above yours there is a link provided by @ActionA. Just follow instructions within this link.

I followed the instructions and got this thru ssh since I cant get to the logs via my osmc, http://paste.osmc.io/osuyoyisav.vhdl

http://paste.osmc.io/osuyoyisav.vhdl

hello, anybody out there? do i need to reinstall everything? Or can it be saved. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

You can backup the .kodi directory.
But crashes are usually caused by bad add-ons or skins in Kodi, so best to start fresh