Crashing when playback/updating

Hello.

When attempting to play a 3D MVC .mkv file (also issues with .m2ts) from a USB drive on a Vero V the system crashes and starts bootlooping until I remove the USB drive. I have managed to play the file but only once or twice. The system also crashes when trying to manually check and download updates, but no bootlooping.

Logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/oxopetunaz

Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you using a powered USB Hub?

Nope, but I am using a flash drive. It’s odd, when trying to copy files to the local storage it crashes when using the 3.0 port and shows an error message when using the 2.0 port.

I will test playback of some regular video files and report back soon.

If we can get a log of this we should be able to advise

Cheers

Sam

Well, I think the crashes and errors that happened when copying files were my fault (wrong directories and insufficient storage space)…

But I am still facing these issues:

• crashing when attempting to play files, some rarely cause problems, other files seemingly always result in a crash
  • bootlooping whenever the USB drive is inserted, even when rebooting via menu
  • crashing when trying to update the system

Here are some logs I grabbed again: https://paste.osmc.tv/upuzasazid

Your lob isn’t showing Kodi crashing at all.
A log where you experience a problem would be useful.

Sorry about that. The system crashes and reboots, could that be why it is not showing? How should I get the logs? I’m not an expert on this, thanks for your help ;]

Are you sure the device is crashing and rebooting and not just Kodi restarting with a sad face?

Yup, I see the Amlogic logo followed by the blue OSMC boot screen…

Is it a hard drive? If it’s causing the device to reboot it might be starving the device of sufficient power

It’s a USB flash drive. I was going to try updating without having it plugged in, but now the update page seems to be broken. I am confused… Is it time for a reinstall?

Yes, I’d suggest reinstalling OSMC and starting fresh

i will reinstall and report back

:+1:

How’d it go?

I just finished reinstalling. Unfortunately, I still experience crashes when playing videos (sometimes right away, other times when browsing the menus with video in background) and when attempting to check for updates. No bootloops so far though…

Okay, next time you get a crash, please upload another log.