Create a portable OSMC Version for Camping

I am a camper and and we will go on trip next week - so the idea came to mind, to use a raspberry pi with attached hdds for that, something like this:

https://www.amazon.de/Geekworm-Raspberry-Modell-Expansion-USB3-0/dp/B07VXF2HJG/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2Y95Z2ZTSMEPK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.RSQlM4Vtn9KeAsTzGBAq6_ZWHPyPCbRhoo7Yt158ZC6ut63eIe7mzdOrKriLGR8_BhMhYNOBgPMDjCmp_-bdAMbtTKomAvpeXORZ2UQFQ5YFeQ0alvvrfjBA8vyo3Xn6ic63e45WeRy-DeKj-IgNfmRQ3nHUyXDqSq17v443sCBAMT8nodVXDo3t9k1gZGgmaWAPBBBCWDlKR8oMHOqj61XT_DxGDZv6CbZLu8oGuX0.qaXcbbEpYFvT-97OhooDwl_bKMqQr75P5nWgT3gtl9E&dib_tag=se&keywords=raspberry+pi+5+nas&qid=1728585924&sprefix=raspberry+pi+5+nas%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-5

and install OSMC on it. but that’s only my idea. i am interesseted in your ideas. one purpose would also be to only use a 12 V power source… to use it anywhere, when running on batteries.

If your camping as in a tent then I’d think just loading what you want on a tablet and taking a power brick for extended run time would be ideal. If your talking about in a trailer or mobile home setup I’d think it would have an inverter and regular A/C outlets so you could just run a regular Pi setup. If your concerned about power usage you’d probably be better off loading some media on some type of flash media rather than a hard drive as they typically use a lot less power.