Cropped Screen?

Vero 4k arrived today. Very happy.

One issue I have. On my Panasonic LED TV VIERA TH-L50ET60A, running Kodi at 1920x1080 (60Hz) the interface is slightly cropped on all sides:

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Try changing your TV’s aspect ratio, search for something like “1:1”. Don’t own any Panasonic TV so I don’t know the exact menu option.

I own a Panasonic Plasma and on the TV side I have to

• disable the 16:9 Overscan (somewhere in the Picture - Screen Settings menu)
  • set the horizontal width to H-1

Hope this is similiar to your Panasonic model.

1 Like

hi -

I have a LG OLED (65C7P) and having the same issue.

I set the aspect ratio to original and disabled over scan.

When playing a clip and going to Video Calibration, i have to adjust the overscan to 35,30 on each side, to see the edges of the arrow. This seems extreme.
I have the same issue at multiple resolution, 1080p, 4k, and various refresh rate, 23/24, 60 etc…

any advice?!

Thats wrong, set it to Just Scan

So i tried every option, ‘Just Scan’ set to On and Off… same result… any other tips/tricks?! (the above was on my tv setting)

i quickly went through the display setting in Kodi and did not see any out of the ordinary option, other than resolution/refresh rate.

Other idea is to change the zoom level of the skin.
With the OSMC skin it can be found at

Settings -> Interface -> Skin

What means Just Scan on/off Just Scan is an alternative to your Original setting not an on/off switch.

Set the TV to Just Scan. Reboot OSMC than take a new picture and then upload logs

On my TV, there are several aspect ratio options (similar to any other tv/model) ‘original, 16x9, zoom, etc…’ Original being ‘untouched’ if its 4x3 or 16x9 etc… here is also a master setting for the aspect ratio called ‘Just Scan’ which can be set to auto/off (normally this is what handles any cropping issue) I tried different variations of the settings to no avail.

I can take pics and upload tomorrow, but I am a brand new users and not sure how to pull the logs… any guides I can follow ?!

That’s interesting, never seen this being a toggle option an any LG TV (I own two).
Suggest to go for Original and Just Scan on.

Info to upload logs

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Issue resolved on its own after a few restart of the device.

Leaving aspect ratio to Original, and forced Just Scan to On, did the trick

Sorry for the mixup, that’s what i normally leave it on and was getting the cropped screen upon 1st power on and restart, but after that, it’s been working good.

THANKS!!

This is really bugging me still! I cant see any of these settings on my TV.

What’s your TV? Brand and Model!