Custom Font?

I know it is possible to use a custom font within Kodi,but I am wondering whether this is possible with OSMC and where to install the font to?

OSMC is Kodi running on Debian! The font directory is /usr/share/kodi/media/Fonts/
for systemwide fonts or the respective skin directory for individual skin fonts e.g. /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.xperience1080/fonts/

Thanks for the info.

It does seem however that neither of those directory locations exist for me.

Well the second location is a skin related location that only exist if you have the skin installed. But the first one is a generic location that should exists.
What is the output of:

ls -lah /usr/share/kodi/media/Fonts/
ls -lah /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/fonts/

1 Like

this is the output:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Apr 7 15:40 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Apr 7 15:40 …
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 4.5M Apr 3 12:16 arial.ttf
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 103K Apr 3 12:16 teletext.ttf

which obviously displays the two installed fonts.

I cannot find this directory via sftp though for some reason…

I have now accessed this directory via SMTP,as I realised it was above the OSMC root directory.

I cannot upload my font however as I do not have the correct access privilages via SMTP.How can I change this?

That would be the discovery of a new function of SMTP :wink:

Just copy the file to /home/osmc then login with ssh and move the file using sudo

1 Like

:grin:Haha!Yes I was aware that I wouldn’t be able to do it via SMTP,I was wondering how to do it via Linux.

Do you know what the appropriate Linux command-line code would be to do this?

1 Like

I have managed to log in as root via SSH and now just need to move the relevant file.Fingers crossed!

I have managed to move my .TTF font file into the /usr/share/kodi/media/Fonts/ directory.

My .TTF does not show up in the OSMC settings/appearance/fonts list though.Onlly the standard default and Arial are listed.

All sorted.Managed to place fonts in correct place and edit .xml to display them correctly.Now to change the background colour…