Customize Home Menu

great post BUT I’ve just taken delivery of a couple of new vero4k’s and theyare running Kodi17 -
there’s no such sequence as
“Settings/Appearance/Skin/Settings/Home/Customise Home Menu.”

I am competent enough to ‘putty’ into SSH but the editing of the keymap.xml also doesn’t work - there’s no such file (or its in a different place)
The whole Vero thing is absolutely stunning - Welldone Sam & co
It is a step up from my previous Kodi experience - FWIW I tried Kodi on ordinary PC. (Ihave 5 tv’s two of which are on Win 10 (streaming DVB-T and DVB-S via DVBlink) Win 10 was an improvement but the kodi +Win is enough to make one reach for the valium. I have three RaspPI3s which introduced me to OSMC. Their superb performance persuaded me to move to the Vero. It is a stunning piece of kit and romps through the very important ‘wife and family’ test with one exception - the idiotic absence of a volume control.
I am new to these fora and I detect there is a sense of the very common geek reaction “Well rtF!!m…idiot”
If OSMC are going to produce superb products like the vero then they are going to have to leave behind responses such as 'well most of our users can reconfigure or most of our users use DTS etc etc"
As you can see fromthe above I can read the ff manual and I can get into ssh though a newbie but pleeeeese a more considerate explanation is in order - how is it done in Kodi 17 or on ht eVero4k?

Try Settings>Interface>Skin>Configure Skin>Home>Customize Home menu… These location changes were made by Kodi when moving to 17.

Don’t be afraid to poke around and investigate all of the settings menus. Just don’t change any of the settings themselves if you don’t understand them.

My system is also missing the “Cutomize Home Menu” at the provided location:
Settings>Interface>Skin>Configure Skin>Home

But I have “Enable menu customization” which does nothing :frowning_face:

solved:

Settings > System > Add-ons > Manage Dependencies

Select “Skin Shortcuts” and enable-it
(I had previously disable it as it appeared as orphaned.

1 Like