Customize Home Screen

Hello guys! sorry my english …

I installed OSMC on the Raspberry 3+ and would like to customize the home page.

I created 3 folders on the Synology NAS:

• movie
  • TV series
  • cartoons

I created 3 sources, each for each folder.

then I create 3 shortcuts on the homepage, each for each source.

when I go to the hme page and click on a shortcut, I see all the sources doubled.

here the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z1S8hbPBMvooCqHAA

where am i wrong ??

:pensive:

Well providing logs and also your skin configuration might be a better starting point.
Also not sure what you call "shortcuts. Did you added it files or sources in customize home screen?

It would seem that if you add a menu item and set the item to videos>sources>[movie source]>movies that does make it so the main menu item returns two identical submenus. Why it is doing this would be a question probably best answered by @Chillbo. The broken paths shown in your video I wouldn’t want to speculate on as I don’t know how you created those.

A solution that seems to work the way you want it to may be to go to Videos>playlists>new smart playlist and for movies you would set type>movies, name>[your preference], new rule>path - contains - [path to file share], ordered by sort title>OK

Click on the playlist to make sure it is populated correctly. Note that playlists will only display files that are scanned into your library.

Once you have a working playlist you can go back to the home menu configuration and set the item to videos>playlists>[name of the playlist you created]>display and then click on “enabled” and that should give you what your after.

This is a cooncidence indeed! I’ve just discovered that this specific issue has been mentioned over in the skinshortcuts script Kodi forum thread two days ago: script.skinshortcuts

The way @darwindesign has described as a workaround should do fine :+1:t2:

Thank you so much @darwindesign!!

First I created a sources for each directory (film, cartoon and TV series), then I created 3 smart playlist and finally I created 3 items for each playlist!

Now work!!

Thank thank!

2 Likes

Great, you could figure it out! Once there’s feedback from the original script dev, I’ll post whether this issue might get fixed some day.

Reply from the dev: Due to a lack of resources, this feature will most likely be removed from the script soon. So, the way @darwindesign has described will be the way to go in the future :+1:t2:

1 Like