Dead usb port after OSMC reinstallation

After reinstalling OSMC 2021.11-2, the USB plug closer to the back no longer works. The device is Vero 4K + . I also tried reinstalling the old version of OSMC 2021.08-1 but it didn’t help. Neither the Remote dongle nor external hard drives or any USB stick works in this USB port (the stick doesn’t even light up until I restart Vero, but it doesn’t work either) . On the second USB connection to Vero 4K+, everything works normally.
Here is a log: https:// paste.osmc.tv/imuyufebut

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Is it the white USB port? If so, this is known.

Yes, it is the white USB port.

I have the same problem. The only installation that got it going again is 2020.06-1
I am staying on that until a fix is produced.

It will also work on 2020.11-1 – with the exception of the installer itself; because that still uses a 3.14 kernel.

Yup, I’m seeing the same issue after a reinstall of 2021-11-2. Was trying to diagnose USB Ethernet adapter issues. Noticed the white port was nonfunctional. Hopefully will be sorted out.

I’m still looking in to this. It’s on the top of my list

Thanks

Sam

2 Likes

This should now be fixed.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

I’d also recommend you deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

Thanks for your patience

1 Like

I can confirm that a solution is working for me

Thanks for confirming.

Hi Sam,

I can confirm it working as well…
Did a full reinstall on my first day of vacation and thought I was crazy when I couldn’t get the OSMC remote to work… After an hour I finally gave up and came to the forums :sweat_smile:

happy holidays
Anthrax

Yup all good here as well.