Debian Jessie vs Kodi Jarvis

My question it’s:
When the osmc has pass from kodi 16.x to kodi 17.x it’s can be update to all normally from MyOSMC or it’s be relased at image and we need to make a cleaning install from beginning ?

Yes, when official release will be made it will be a normal smooth update via MyOSMC

Ah ok… from sources.list i need to remove or change manually al voices referred “jessie” release ?

Otherwise apparently during ssh session i have obtained this:
Configurazione di rbp2-image-4.4.27-5-osmc (5)…

Hmm. There is a symbolic link /lib/modules/4.4.27-5-osmc/build
However, I can not read it: File o directory non esistente
Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/4.4.27-5-osmc/build

Hmm. The package shipped with a symbolic link /lib/modules/4.4.27-5-osmc/source
However, I can not read the target: File o directory non esistente
Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/4.4.27-5-osmc/source

After all i have reboot my Pi2 and apparently all it’s working whitout any problems…

No, please don’t touch anything there! Jessie refers to the Debian version not Kodi.
As mentioned as soon as OSMC officially releases v17 you will get the update automatically.

oh ok…

If you’re not sure how things work I recommend you just update via My OSMC which will take care of everything for you

1 Like

mmmmmmm… usually i use a ssh session because i have read over internet it’s most effective ways to updates a kodi distribution infact i never have obtain problems :slight_smile:

This my dubs it’s only releated to jessie (16.1 of kodi) and kryption (17.x) and and I thought that leaving source.list voices relative to an “old systems” could create problems…

Jessie is still the latest stable version of Debian at this time of writing.

You do not need to do anything to get updates

ooooh… that’s the error on my head… jessie it’s no the actually kodi release :slight_smile:

OMG :slight_smile: how many confusion on my head
According here:

16.1 it’s JARVIS… not Jessie :slight_smile:

I think you’re confused.

Debian Jessie is a Linux distribution
Kodi is an application

Moving to a separate thread as this is not related to the update.

yeah… i have commit some confusion about “names” :slight_smile: Jarvis… Jessie… Krypton :slight_smile: