Deleting movies from NAS Vero 4k+ OSMC skin

Hello,

I have a Vero 4+ running the OSMC skin, connected to a NAS via nfs. Deleting files/movies through the vero is no problem.

But, if I delete a movie from the NAS using my windows computer, then try updating the library on the vero, the movie doesn’t get removed. I’m unable to play it, just the cover/info screens remain.

Is there a way to get around this? I’m pretty sure the Estuary skin on other kodi devices works just fine when updating the library like this.

Cheers
l

Two methods to solve this:

1. Manual cleaning:
    goto Settings->Media->Library and choose Clean Library

2. More elegant way, so it will be cleaned on every Library Update:
    insert in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml the xml code

<videolibrary>
             <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
     </videolibrary>

(if there is no advancedsettings.xml file in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata, copy the file /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml to that location but do not change the original)

You find the answer in this thread: Cleaning media library

Thank you all for your input. Problem is sorted on the above advice.

Hey Leighton_burger, I´m a new Vero 4k+ user, i saw that you are using windows as NAS by NFS. Can you please teach me how to do it?

Many thanks

Sorry patituh,

I’m not actually using windows. I have a QNAP NAS running an nfs filesystem. This is what is connected to the Vero.
There’s likely to be much smarter people around here that can help answer your questions to get windows up and connected.
Otherwise, google may be your friend? http://tiny.cc/9glv2y

lb

Hi,

I would stick to using samba on Windows, you do not get the same benefits of using nfs; that you would using it with Linux.

Thanks Tom.

i have the same problem on rasperry pi 3. i delete movie but movie logo again there, libery clean helps nothing, movo logo in libery always without any files to start movie