Deluge load Transmission list

Can you link to where you read this? It needs to be changed if it’s something you’ve seen from official sources.

Yeah ofcourse, I understand that, it’s still in it’s trial phase ofcourse but you guys aren’t going to totally restructure the entire thing again right?

If it’s just tweaking and adding things building on what there currently is it could be auto-updated right?

As for the link, I’ll have to dig through my history. I think it was something official… it could have been a forum post as well though, I’ve seen so many things pass by since my Pi totally went haywire I have to look back to be sure about it.

So what you’re saying is that you CAN’T auto update between different alpha’s. Correct?
Constantly need to uninstall and reinstall the new Alpha/Beta/RC?

Correct. The next build will involve a significant restructuring I’m afraid.

Sam

It’s possible (and we’re hoping) that moving to the next build will be the last time that re-install is req’d but, we cannot make any guarantees at this point.

Ahhh that sucks. It’s a great progress ofcourse but I’ll switch back to RaspBMC until the auto update function is added.

I just installed it on SD though, trying to figure out how to get FTP to work but I must say that it looks absolutely awesome so I’m looking forward to it! :smile:

I really do hope I’ll be able to get my data back though haha.

Stupid question but what’s the default SSH pass? Can’t seem to find it with a quick google and pi:raspberry doesn’t work nor does root:root

osmc:osmc

#3 here Wiki - OSMC

Thanks.

Uhmm, it doesn’t seem to recognize my stick at all.

fstab just lists the SD’s

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0

trying to mount it the regular way gets me a

mount -t /dev/sda2 /media/usb
mount: can’t find /media/usb in /etc/fstab

Reading the wiki.

No, it’s not my power supply :stuck_out_tongue: that’s just fine lol.

fdisk doesn’t show it either, I tried updating and rebooting but that didn’t help either.

root@osmc:/home/osmc# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 7.4 GiB, 7913603072 bytes, 15456256 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x000e83ef

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/mmcblk0p1 2048 499711 497664 243M c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 501760 15456255 14954496 7.1G 83 Linux

Is it recognized in dmesg?

Yeah I think so, if I unplugged it OSMC would space out real quick, restart the gui and say I unsafe removed something but that was about it.

I’m trying to flash my old Raspbmc image real quick to see if it recognizes it in that. It should, I’ve been using it for months hehe.

Is this a drive where you had installed the raspbmc system? Or is this just a drive that had your media on it?

RaspBMC.
My media is on a HDD that I disconnected.

So what exactly do you want to recover here?

Sickgear database with 130 shows mapped in it saying which eps I’ve seen and which not.
My Couchpotato database, same thing but for movies.
My transmission dir with all my old original .torrent files.

That’s pretty much it really, if I dump those on any new setup (OSMC or RaspBMC) and git clone the programs again I’m pretty much up and running again.

~$!@$ck

root@raspbmc:/media/52203197-b871-4c13-938c-4d81e7f35a30# dir
dir: reading directory .: Input/output error

it looks like RaspBMC corrupted it…

this is what fdisk tells me

root@raspbmc:/media/52203197-b871-4c13-938c-4d81e7f35a30# fdisk /media/52203197-b871-4c13-938c-4d81e7f35a30/
last_lba(): I don’t know how to handle files with mode 40755
You will not be able to write the partition table.
fdisk: unable to read /media/52203197-b871-4c13-938c-4d81e7f35a30/: Is a directory
root@raspbmc:/media/52203197-b871-4c13-938c-4d81e7f35a30#

this is what I get on the drive itself

root@raspbmc:/media# fsck /dev/sda2
fsck from util-linux 2.20.1
e2fsck 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
fsck.ext2: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/sda2
Possibly non-existent or swap device?

and this is what I get from manually mounting

root@raspbmc:/media# mkdir /media/usb
root@raspbmc:/media# mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /media/usb
mount: /dev/sda2 is not a valid block device

Is there a way to recover this?

fsck was your only hope.

So what? It’s corrupted? How the hell could that have happened, I never removed it from my Pi.

Might fsck on a different OS work better? Idk if this might be an old version or something since it’s from 2012.

Sam could you have a look at this as well please.
If my USB really got corrupted the cause of it was something RaspBMC related because it never left my Pi.

I seriously hope this is fixable in some way because it’ll take me hoooouuurrrss to rebuild my lists…

I told you that fsck is your last hope. Sorry it’s not what you want to hear. Unfortunately, occasionally corruption happens. You stated yourself on the other forum that your system rebooted from time to time. Maybe it was power failure during the night. No one can say. Sorry for your loss.

Just goes to show that there is nothing better than a good backup plan.

Hang on. I doubt any data is gone at all. I think we might be confused instead.

fsck.ext2? Raspbmc was ext4 based as is OSMC. I fear you may be checking the wrong drive.

Let’s have

ls dev/*

dmesg

and I’d like to know whether you tested this on a USB install or not. If you plugged the USB in an OSMC install running USB as I recommended you’d be on /dev/sdb.

S