Denon 3400+v4k no audio

Can anyone help with what settings I should have? Tried everything I can think of and can’t even get the OS beeps coming through. Denon 3400h with 5.1 surround. New today!

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hi, think you misunderstood! My v4k is fine I’ve been using it since launch I just need help with settings now I have a proper Amp connected

If you send us some logs, it will tell us your existing settings and something about the devices you have connected. It’s the quickest way to get started, rather than playing ping-pong with posts here.

But for a start, can we assume you have connected the Vero to the Denon and the Denon to your TV/projector using ARC?

Yes. What should be audio settings be?

Got it working. Not sure what I changed!

1 Like

Probably -

Audio device: HDMI
Number of channels: 7.1 (so your AVR can do the processing of LPCM according to your speaker setup) or 5.1 if you’re happy for kodi to downmix 7.1 material
Output configuration: Best match
Passthrough: enabled
DTS/AC3 passthrough: enabled
DTS-HD passthrough: enabled
TrueHD passthrough: enabled
E-AC3 passthrough: enabled

And keep in mind to disable “sync playback to display” under settings/player/videos for passthrough to work.
If you want your TV’s refresh rate to be adjusting according to the source’s frame rate, also set "Adjust display refresh rate” to Always or to On start/stop under settings/player/videos.

Glad it works. Understand that you should have got some sound with just about any audio settings so it was a bit weird having no sound at all.

Thanks. I’m still having difficulty, I think this issue is already on the radar, black screens on 10 bit content