[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

Hi,
Working great here for movies but sometimes audio becomes unsynced with picture. Then I stop the movie and audio is also unsynced with GUI sounds. Going to Settings - System - Audio output and choosing HDMI and then Bluetooth again fixes it. Any idea of might be happening?

Not without any logs

Sam

Would this behavior be reflected in some log in particular? Would you like me to get some log file?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Here they are:
http://paste.osmc.io/eyomeqotub
If you need any other info just ask.

I see the issue when you played Harry Potter and Indiana Jones:

23:20:57 105343.718750 T:1495266336  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 32
23:20:57 105343.718750 T:1495266336  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket duplicate 3 packets of duration 32
23:20:57 105343.953125 T:1495266336  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
23:20:57 105343.953125 T:1495266336  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 32
23:20:57 105343.953125 T:1495266336  NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket duplicate 1 packets of duration 32```

Will do some investigating

I confirm, that’s when I noticed the unsynced audio. Again, if you need any other info, just ask.

If you could figure out and explain a way to use HiFiBerry (AMP or DAC) with Bluetooth, you would be my hero!

Sam, do you think this could be related to temporary signal loss or bad signal quality? Were you able to check what is the bluetooth chip and if it is appropriate for this use case?

I couldn’t find cause for issue here but did not experience this issue with the OSMC Bluetooth dongle.

Sam

Thanks! I’d been messing with this for days. It works perfectly. Oddly it’s only letting me have one device. I can’t get to the second one until I delete the first. Not a big deal at all for this kind of setup.

Thanks again - Doc

For me the last security update has broten the audio streaming to my headsets.
It pairs ok but there’ no sound ON headphones and no sound ON speakers.
I know this question was ON a testing proccess.
Do you know when web can expect full solution.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi,
After reading how great progress you guys made I got myself the official osmc bluetooth dongle to be able to stream music from my raspberry pi2 to a bluetooth speaker. But I’m struggling with the pairing of any bluetooth device.
I installed the A2DP package from the first post and also added “dtparam=audio=on” to the /boot/config.txt
I tried connecting to both a bluetooth speaker and a pair of headphones from the user interface (inside myOSMC) and via bluetoothctl - to no avail. And neither of them gave much feedback about what the reason might have been.

That’s what bluetoothctl thinks about my attempts:
[NEW] Device 6C:5A:B5:38:F5:DB Mars by crazybaby [bluetooth]# connect 6C:5A:B5:38:F5:DB Attempting to connect to 6C:5A:B5:38:F5:DB Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
The related error message in the system journal is:
Feb 24 23:03:59 mm bluetoothd[272]: 6C:5A:B5:38:F5:DB: error updating services: Host is down (112)

Searching for this error message unfortunately didn’t lead me anywhere.

It also takes a very long time until the speaker even appears in the device list. My headphones actually never appeared when putting them into discovery mode. However, I don’t think the speaker or headphones themselves are problematic, as I have no issues pairing/connecting them with my Laptop or mobile phone.
To make sure that the problem is not caused by any electromagnetic interference of the raspberry pi or close-by TV I did the same tests with a 10cm and 5m USB extension cable - same results.

Do you have any ideas where this problem might stem from or what else I could try? Or is it likely that my dongle is not working as it should?

Cheers,
Patric

Edit: some typos - I was apparently a bit tired when writing.

What I want to do is stream music/audio from OSMC to a bluetooth receiver plugged into my stereo system.

I’m using Openelec at the moment but Bluetooth support is not going to be worked on there…

Can I do it with OSMC and this system instead… ?

If your stereo system supports A2DP Bluetooth transmission, then you’ll be able to do this with OSMC.

I’m running OSMC on a Raspberry Pi B - fully up-to-date. I installed Pulse-Audio + Bluetooth associated modules. I have copied a couple of mp3 tracks to the Pi to test playback via bluetooth speaker (UEBoom 2). I can pair and connect to the speaker. I have selected audio output as Alsa-PulseAudio Sound Server - however, there is no sound from the speakers when I play a mp3 track. If I select the Analog Audio Output option and play the track - I can hear it via a pair of plugged in headphones. I have read a vast amount of online advice on this issue, but none seems to provide a solution to my problem. Have you any advice or can you point me a comprehensive checklist of steps I need to make this work. Thankyou.

I would recommend using the official OSMC PulseAudio app, which while in testing, will likely be easier to configure than doing things manually.

Sam

I bought last week a Bluetooth Dongle. Then i followed this Article to Enable Bluetooth Streaming.

Ok, after that I can pair with my Headset, i see Bluetooth settings in “MyOSMC” and i set output to “Alsa”

I have no sound.

with alsa output i still have sound on my tv but not on my headphones.
Could it be the Dongle.

It’s maxxtro Bluetooth Dongle.

Use the official OSMC App for Bluetooth audio

I’m not sure how to revert / remove the Instructables version, so I’d suggest a reinstall

OK - I guess what I’ve installed isn’t the OSMC PulseAudio app… can you give me a link to it. Thanks.