Dhd_dpc load still > 50%

Running Vero 4K in standard configuration, just with an external HD and using WiFi connection, this process still creates a large amount of CPU load. I already switched to latest stretch kernel 3.14.29-121, but this didn’t change anything. While I fear to limit Vero’s overall endurance or at least have some doubts about stability when CPU is continuously quite hot, how can this be fixed short term? Probably best option is to switch back to an earlier kernel , but I need some details there on how to do this.

Thx
Andreas

I doubt it is a Kernel issue. My suggestion would be a clean reinstall

Hmm, I was hoping to avoid re-installation since this problem appeared during one of the last updates and I usually have only SSH access to the device. But ok, if there is no other option known to fix it this might be the best way forward.

Check this file in case it’s ever been changed to read dhd, and change it to wifi_dummy.

osmc@vero4tv:/etc/modules-load.d$ cat wifi.conf
wifi_dummy

Unfortunately it already contains “wifi_dummy”, but thanks anyhow for the suggestion.

I would suggest a cold boot. If this doesn’t help then a clean install is necessary

Sam

I’m having the same problem, but after wiping and reinstalling I discovered it only started when I enabled Bluetooth and paired with my Harmony. Tends to sit at about 70%, persisting after full poweroff and reboot too. Even turning off Bluetooth doesn’t make it go down (so it can’t be the act of using Bluetooth itself?) … until a restart with it still off, then it’s back to negligible usage.

This is fixed in staging. I can prepare a hotfix, but for now I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Great! Can confirm the load is again as usual.

Thx Sam

This completely killed Bluetooth for me :slightly_frowning_face:

The paired remote no longer appears, the UI says Bluetooth is turned on but no devices appear, and the start/stop discovery button just makes the little box flash white very briefly. The debug log says “Failed to start Vero3 Bluetooth support.” Reboot and toggling in the UI doesn’t help, and wiping the device and doing the update straight away results in the same thing happening.

Ooh dear. BT still worked for me when testing this for Sam. Let me check.

Confirmed. Doesn’t work.

This should now be resolved.

Can confirm Bluetooth is back, and CPU use is negligible. Great work!

Thanks for confirming.