Difficulty with network shares

The file path doesn’t seem to matter… I have lots of different ones (even created some new ones) but the minute I set the content type to tv the smart playlists stop working. I can still see/play the items in the path from the root TV node but not from my smart playlists.

I did a complete reset on the Vero and recreated the shares and all of the above errors are gone from my log but the issue itself remains: I use smart playlists with the PATH CONTAINS rule to sort by folder on my SMB shares. This all works flawlessly on my chromeboxes but not the Vero. On the Vero Movies are fine but if the content type is set to TV then when you browse into the playlist you get an empty list and nothing written to the log file (even with debug mode on).

Is there a way I can make the log file capture even more detail? IE exactly what is happening when you browse into the relevant playlist? I’m not trying to be obstructionist… there’s just nothing abnormal in the log at all since the reset.

FWIW this guy had the exact same issue and it was never resolved: Smart playlist can't find files - #6 by yakes

The way I use smart playlists is pretty niche but it is supported by kodi and works perfectly on my chromeboxes and windows 10 PCs so this really does feel like some sort of odd osmc/vero bug.