Disk images for recent updates for Rpi 2/3?

The downloads page (Download - OSMC) seems to only have old disk images for Rpi.

The latest image on the page is 2018.08.1. Is that the august image? It is now october so that is several months old.

Are there any newer images available? If so, where can I find them? (for Rpi 3)

I know there’s an installer too, but that doesn’t seem to work either. I’m on Ubuntu 18.04 and it seems latest version of ubuntu installer is for 16.04. I tried that one and it doesn’t launch.

It can sometimes take a few days before disk images are produced and made available after an update. Installing the August image and updating will give you the same end result.

The October update was only released last night. It takes a little bit of time to prepare the image. It will probably be ready tonight.

Okay I did that. I did the cli update using sudo apt-get update, and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Seems to have worked.

I didn’t trust the automatic update procedure because it ‘bricked’ my installation last night (which I why I was looking for a fresh image in the first place).

After the update the Pi no longer booted, just sat there with a black screen instead.

My problem is solved for the time being and I guess you can wait and see if other people get problems with the update or if this was just a random fluke.

Love OSMC by the way :slight_smile:

The update procedure via My OSMC and apt-get are identical.
You probably updated from an old version of OSMC which brought you a new version of Kodi. A black screen usually indicates an incompatible add-on and moving the Kodi directory away resolves this.

You probably updated from an old version of OSMC

Hmm… yeah isn’t that what every update does?

And no I’m not in the habit of skipping updates. If a popup tells me there’s an update I just let it do its thing.

Also, I don’t think it was Kodi that was the problem. It looked more like the OS itself didn’t boot at all. (There was simply nothing happening on the screen when I powered on the Pi).

Also I ‘fixed’ it by burning a new image and copying all of the content of my ‘old’ osmc/.kodi directory onto the new setup (to get all my settings back).

It still booted fine after that and that is basically doing the opposite of 'moving the .kodi directory away.

Anyhow… we don’t have to dive deeper into it. My problem is solved for now. If nobody else if having issues with the update then it probably isn’t worth spending a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong.

If you still have the old card, you could SSH in and upload a log. That will let us see what’s going on.

We haven’t had any reports of issues with the update so far.

If you still have the old card

I burned the new image on the same card. So I think the logs are gone. Well… I did backup my ‘osmc’ home directory so if they are in there somewhere, I could dig them out of the backup.