Disk space low - where does fanart get stored?

Hi, I’m using a 2gb SD card on OSMC. Yesterday I got a warning that it was unable to install updates due to low disk space.

Could it be that now its downloaded all the fanart and tv information for my collection that has used up a lot of space?

Where is this information stored? Can it be moved to HDD? Or do I just need a decent sized card?

Thanks

Dan

All of that information is stored in your /home/osmc/.kodi folder and therefore taking space up on your SD Card. 2GB is really at the edge for any productive system. Recommend at least 8GB card.
While you could move the stuff on an external HDD (or do a USB install) but I would recommend to just take a bigger card.

Check to see which partition is low on space:

df -h

The low space warning will trigger with less than 300MB free on / or less than 30MB free on /boot.

I ran into the same problem a couple days ago. I ended up moving my ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails directory to my external usb drive and making a symlink to it.

osmc@osmc:~/.kodi/userdata$ ls -al Thumbnails
lrwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 43 Oct 23 12:31 Thumbnails -> /mnt/Main/Backups/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails

I moved my entire .kodi folder, and I have to say there was a huge performance improvement.

Before it would take hours to scan my collection for movie information. Now it takes seconds.

My SD card must be very slow to write to.