Downloads starting - cant resume (Tranmission)

Hi - Hope someone can assist with this one, I have seen similar issues on the forums and followed many guides but this issue seems to be slightly different.

I have OSMC setup with sickrage/CP which are working fine, they are interfacing with transmission with no issue either. Once the torrent is placed in transmission it sits idle for a little while and then starts. I have watched it start and watched the progress bar moving up, sometimes a few % sometimes many more.

The write location is a USB drive that is ext4 formatted and remounted in /mnt/HDD not /media/. After a while the download stops and comes back with the dreaded ‘Error: Unable to save Resume File: Permission Denied’.

I am running the client as osmc, it clearly has permission to write initially but I guess the resume file is somewhere else. I have tried chmodding all the directories that I thought this applied to, any assistance or advice would be much appreciated. I can drop any logs needed.

Seen this?

I dont really understand what this is getting at? The device doesnt have permission issues to begin with and the transmission service has been booted and reloaded hours after the boot and mount.

Config files in ./config
drwxrwxrwx 2 osmc osmc 4096 May 30 21:49 blocklists
drwxrwxrwx 2 osmc osmc 4096 May 30 21:49 resume
-rwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 2186 May 30 21:51 settings.json
drwxrwxrwx 2 osmc osmc 4096 May 30 21:49 torrents

downloads directory in /mnt/HDD
drwxrwxr-x 2 osmc osmc 4096 May 30 23:19 HDD

osmc@osmc:/var/lib/transmission-daemon$ ls -l
drwsrwxrwx 2 osmc osmc 4096 Dec 19 2014 downloads
lrwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 27 Dec 19 2014 info -> .config/transmission-daemon