DTS-HD-MA and pass through

Sadly, that seems to be the case given i now know that DTS-HD will only work via HDMI and i can’t use HDMI unless i want to sacrifice 4K, the easiest solution would be a new amp, but in order to replace my Marantz with the current model it would cost over £400, which i am just not willing or able to do right now.

ARC isn’t an option either because the TV will only output 2 channel audio via ARC, unless it is a native app such as netflix.

I would go with a NAD amplifier… A breeze :} Had opened another thread about that.

Doesn’t seem like the NAD 758 is even available and even for the prices I am seeing for it, it’s into the territory for the Marantz anyway. Looks like a decent amp for sure, but I don’t actually want to buy one just now

Also doesn’t look like it supports 4K :frowning:

I didn’t check. I tend to connect my 4K devices directoy to my TV.

This is part of my whole problem, if i was willing to give up on 4k, i could go back to having everything through the amp

Just to clear things up a little, you don’t need hdcp 2.2 on your AVR to connect the Vero 4K in 4K resolution.
My Onkyo TX-NR626 only has HDMI 1.4 ports (HDCP 1.4), but it support 4K@30Hz passthrough.
My AVR, has no problems passing through 4k material from my Vero 4K to my 4K TV.

I just had to make sure my tv and AVR were powered and set to the correct inputs, before i powered on the Vero 4K
(when i did the in the wrong order before, the Vero would only output 1080p)

Oh I understand that, but my TV only has a single 4K HDMI socket and I have (inlcuding my AVR) 5 devices that support 4k

@souladel - Tsk… Either upgrade the TV ot the Receiver :}

http://libertycitys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/kenny-powers-makeitrain.jpg

1 Like

I have been thinking I could use the displayport connection on the TV, but i cannot find anything that would allow me to go from HDMI to Displayport.

I can find plenty of displayport to HDMI adapters, but these are not bidirectional.

Quick duckduckgo gave
https://www.amazon.com/gofanco-HDMI-DisplayPort-Converter-Power/dp/B01BXMOREI?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01BXMOREI

Yup, I found something similar after posting, but the only dilemma here is the HDMI out on my AMP is quite literally nowhere near a USB socket for the power, so i would need an extender to power it.

But you are right, this is about the only solution i have across (outside buying a new amp)

Just a little update for anyone interested, I just decided to bite the bullet and have just ordered a new amp, arriving tomorrow hopefully.

Which one did you take??? :slight_smile:

Denon AVR-X2300W - it was £50 cheaper than the replacement Marantz model, is more powerful and has more connections. The retailer i got it from also gives a 3 year warranty.

The fact Denon and Marantz are one and the same these days mean the GUI will be familiar, so i wont need to become familiar with another brand.

You could have gone with a hdfury integral or linker which, among other things, translates from hdcp 1.4 to 2.2.
Switch-linker-amp-tv.

Yes I could have gone with a HDFury but at £200 its prohibitively expensive for what is essentially just yet another work around, this way i can ditch my 5 way HDMI switch and 3 way Optical switch which will smooth out the overall operation of my entertainment equipment.

I also get a more upto date and power amp into the bargain :grinning: